Welcome to the International Student Service Center (ISSC) at the Office of External and Public Relations, International University.
ISSC is the first point of contact for all prospective and current international students and scholars from the time they apply to our university to their very last days at IU.
ISSC is also the point of contact for the following programs: Student Exchange Program, Study Abroad Program, Short-term Program, and Cultural exchange program. ISSC is responsible for:
- Promoting and updating all student exchange program’s information to IU’s students and partner universities
- The whole process of accepting and nominating students from and to IU, as well as assisting incoming and outgoing students during their exchange period
- Organizing the extracurricular activities for international students
The ISSC is committed to providing prospective and current international students and scholars with high-quality services that will help them settle down their new life in Vietnam and become one of successful participants in IU community.
- The ISSC was established with the aim to assist international students and scholars with the process of applying to IU, advising on immigration regulations, providing consultancy on health insurance, accommodation, orientation week, IU’s regulations as well as academic matters and daily challenges. We cooperate with Schools, Departments and other divisions at IU to help solve all the questions and to reply to all requests received.
- ISSC is also in charge of the following programs as below:
Student Exchange Program
Definition: These exchange programs operate within the framework of cooperative agreements between IU and the partner universities worldwide. Students enrolling in these programs only pay tuition fees to their home university; and credits are transferred toward their home university upon completion of their overseas studies.
- International students from one of the partner universities with IU.
- IU full-time students including both Vietnamese and foreign students.
Method of operation: Home institution’s students will be nominated to participate in the exchange program at one of the selected host institutions. After finishing the exchange period, students will not be awarded with a degree; however, all the relevant course credits will be recognized and transferred back to the home institution.
Tuitions fees: Students will have to pay the tuition fees to the home institution.
Study Abroad Exchange Program
Definition: The Study Abroad Program is a full tuition program. This program is intended for IU students who wish to study at non-partner institutions or those students who have not been selected for the exchange program. Vice versa, international students whose home university is not our partner may study one or two semesters at our campus through the Study Abroad Program.
- International Students belong to universities that do not have prior exchange agreements with IU
Method of Operation: Students are allowed by their home institution to study at the selected host university. After finishing the exchange period, students will not be awarded with a degree; however, all the relevant course credits will be recognized and transferred back to the home institution.
Tuition fees: Students will have to pay the tuition fees to the host university.
Definition: This program is customized by IU according to the requests made by foreign universities, allowing their students to participate in a short-term study program at IU (not exceeding 3-month time)
Detailed Programs: Students will have opportunities to participate in cultural exchanges, short-term specialized-courses, company fieldtrips, and a tour around Ho Chi Minh City.
Degree: Finishing the program, international students will receive a certificate; however, no credits are earned through this program.
Cultural Exchange Program
Definition: This is a pure cultural exchange programs between IU students and international students of other universities.
Method of Operations: ISSC will be in charge of welcoming and communicating in such programs; however, we will not offer services to Cultural Exchange Programs’ students.
International Students Service Center (ISSC) – Room O2. 604
Office of External and Public Relations
International University, Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City
Quanter 6, Linh Trung Ward, Thu Duc District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone: (+84 8) 3724 4270 Ext: 3617
email@example.com (For Student Exchange and Study Abroad Programs)
firstname.lastname@example.org (For International Student and Scholar Services)
Meet our staff
|Dinh Kim Phung | Head
|Le Huynh Bao Tram | Officer
|Nguyen Bao Han | Officer