Graduate Scholarship Program for Excellent Foreign Students (EFS)
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology, Thammasat University
International University – Viet Nam National University HCMC would like to announce the information of Graduate Scholarship at Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT). EFS funds are available for excellent students from reputable universities of any foreign country to study in a master’s or a doctoral degree program.
- Programs offered at SIIT:
|Biochemical Engineering/Biochemistry||Environmental Engineering/ Science/Technology/Management|
|Chemical Engineering/Chemistry||Industrial Engineering and Logistics Systems|
|Civil Engineering||Information Technology|
|Computer Engineering/Science||Logistics and Supply Chain Systems Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering||Management Technology|
|Energy Technology/Management||Materials Engineering/Science|
|Engineering Management||Mechanical Engineering|
- Scholarship information:
- Number of Scholarships: 23 continuing Scholarships.
For prospective students in the academic semester 2/2018 (January, 2019)
- Master’s degree (2-year curriculum)
- Doctoral degree (3-year curriculum)
– Scholarship Coverage:
- Full tuition and educational support fees (full thesis support)
- Living allowance of 10,500 Baht per month for Master’s program/11,500 Baht per month for Doctoral program
- Round trip economy travel expenses, the most direct route to and from Thailand
and the recipient’s home country (actual expense, but not over 20,000 Baht)
- Miscellaneous expenses such as visa fees, airport taxes, etc. (actual expenses,
but not over 10,000 Baht)
- Health and accident insurance during the period of scholarship in Thailand
* Scholarship recipients are required to stay at the SIIT dormitory for a period of at least 12 months.
- Candidate Qualifications:
- Not a Thai citizen, nor of Thai nationality.
- Excellent academic record (preferably ranked within the top 20 percent of the class)
- Meet qualifications of SIIT graduate programs admission (siit.tu.ac.th/grad_app)
- Two strong recommendation letters (at least one recommendation letter must come from academic instructor/advisor)
- Have good health and good conduct.
- Must not be a recipient of another type of scholarship.
- Conditions to continue the Scholarship:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.25 with no “F”, “U”, “NP”, or “W”
- Make good progress in his/her master thesis/doctoral dissertation and report his/her
- progress every semester.
- Assist in the Institute’s work for 30 hours per semester, focused primarily on
- exam proctoring for 24 hours, and laboratory supervision or tutoring courses
- for 6 hours.
- Application process and requirements:
Interested students could apply via the SIIT online application system: http://graduateadmissions.siit.tu.ac.th/
Application deadline: 5th October 2018
Announcement of Successful Candidates: 16th November 2018