International University Science and Training Committee: Official establishment and its first meeting
On 7 March, 2019, International University Science & Training Committee held its first meeting for the period 2018 – 2023. In this meeting, the school introduced all the members of the committee. After that, everyone voted for the Chair and the Secretary of the committee. The meeting was then followed by some initial discussions on the plan for new training programs.
International University Science & Training Committee started the meeting
To start with, Prof. Pham Van Hung – Head of the Research and Development office – explained the meeting agenda. Next, Ms. Tran Quynh Hoa – Head of Human Resources Management office – recited the document to establish the Science & Training Committee for the period of 2018 – 2023. The list is as follows:
Assoc. Prof. Pham Van Hung explained the meeting agenda
Ms. Tran Quynh Hoa – Head of Human Resources Management office – recited the document to establish the Science & Training Committee for the period of 2018 – 2023
- Dr. Tran Tien Khoa – Rector
- Dr. Ho Nhut Quang – Vice Rector – Head of Schools of Business
- Assoc. Prof. Le Van Canh – Vice Rector – Head of Department of Civil Engineering
- Dr Nguyen Huy Cuong – Head of Department of English
- Ms Tran Quynh Hoa – Head of the office of Human Resources Management
- Dr Nguyen Thi Hiep – Head of Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Dr Nguyen Van Hop – Head of Department of Industrial and System Engineering
- Assoc. Prof. Pham Van Hung – Head of the office of Research and Development office
- Assoc. Prof. Tran Tien Khoi – Head of Department of Environment Engineering
- Dr Mai Linh – Head of the School of Electrical Engineering
- Assoc. Prof. Phan Bao Ngoc – Head of Department of Physics
- Assoc. Prof. Pham Huu Anh Ngoc – Head of Department of Mathematics
- Dr. Nguyen Van Phuong, Head of Center of Higher Training Public Administration
- Dr Nguyen Van Sinh – Lecturer of Computer Science and Engineering
- Dr Ha Viet Uyen Sinh – Head of Office of Undergraduate Affairs
- Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Van Thuan – Head of School of Biotechnology
- Prof. Vo Van Toi – Board of Rectors’ consultant on Science & Technology development and Health technology.
- Mr Le Dinh Minh Tri – Head of Office of Graduate Affairs
- Ms Huynh Kha Tu – Head of Center of Education Quality Management
- Mr Lam Nguyen Hai Long – CEO of Quang Trung Software City.
- Mr Nguyen Viet Long – Vice President of Becamex, Binh Duong
The members of IU Science and Training officially start taking responsibilities
Dr Tran Tien Khoa – Rector of IU – was voted as the Chair of the Committee. The committee is responsible for giving consultancies on program training development, directing development for Science and Technology Research, developing international collaboration, assessing the training programs, recognizing and confirming credit transfers. Furthermore, the committee also plays an active role in assisting the plans for cooperation with some training centers, research centers, businesses in Vietnam and off shores. The committee also proposes the list of professors at institutional levels, making appointments for professorships and associate professorships, and give awards for distinguished professors and lecturers. The committee assist the Board of Rectors in choosing the proper quality assessment, teaching and training assessment, students’ training scores, enhancing the quality for teaching & training outcomes strategies, lecturers’ assessment, school-web quality/journals assessment. Last but not least, the committee also assess the procedure of training management and research activities.
The committee screened the proposals for new training program.
After being established, the committee discussed the plan for the new training programs. Firstly, there was the plan for the Bachelor in Auditing and Accounting. Secondly, there were proposals for the graduate programs including: PhD programs in Biomedical Engineering, PhD programs in Electronics Engineering, and PhD programs in Public Management training. The members discussed how to adjust the programs for Master Degree in Public Management training and the plan for opening a new lab to study strategies for a smart city.
The committee discussed the plans
The committee voted for the new program training proposals
The result of the vote was: 18/18 agreed on the proposals for: Bachelor in Auditing & Accounting. PhD Programs in Biomedical Engineering 18/18 agreed on the adjustments for: Master in Public Management Training. The other proposals also get agreement from the committee.
The Election committee checked the votes
Dr Tran Tien Hoa – Chair of IU Science and Training committee- received flowers from Ms Tran Thi Quynh Hoa